Questions

Larry happened to be in Honduras with a work team on June 28th. when the president was removed to Costa Rica. Since that time we have been continually asked questions relating to the present situation.
  • As I was leaving Honduras on July 4th and going through airport security in Tegucigalpa, I was asked if I was leaving Honduras because I was scared. Maybe it was naive on my part, but the least of my emotions involved fear. My thoughts were focused on those who I was leaving behind. I couldn't help but wonder what they might be facing in the future months.
  • As soon as I got home to Ohio, people began to ask me the normal question if we planned to go back to Honduras. Everything depends on what happens between now and the end of the year, but our greatest desire is to return to Honduras to continue the work that God has called us to. We stay in contact almost daily with several friends in Honduras.
  • The most difficult question is when people ask us if we are glad to be home in Ohio. We are certainly glad to be visiting family, friends and churches. On the other hand, we would like to be back in Honduras encouraging the church in Choluteca.
  • The one question that we have to answer with extreme caution as missionaries is, "What is your opinion about what is happening?" It would not be wise to express our opinions politically, but we must continue to proclaim God's Word. God cares about relationships in all of creation. We find comfort in Psalm 9:7-9 "But the LORD abides forever; He has established His throne for judgment, And He will judge the world in righteousness; He will execute judgment for the peoples with equity. The LORD also will be a stronghold for the oppressed, A stronghold in times of trouble;"

Please continue to pray for Honduras.

Comments

Popular Posts